About My Business Portraits Retouching
Many photographers outsource their retouching, and the results can be awful, because speed is paramount for retouching services and they employ global filters or heavy-handed airbrushing that make the skin look like plastic. While this is rarely flattering, it’s especially ineffective for executive portraits of men.
My approach is different. I work at the pixel level, fixing problems directly and without leaving a trace, before selectively applying very slight diffusion (usually just for women), in a way that beautifies the skin’s texture, rather than obliterating it.
Here’s how I routinely enhance my business portraits, in addition to any specific requests:
- Even out skin tones
- Reduce wrinkles, creases, and shine
- Minimize dark circles and bags under the eyes
- Eliminate most flyaway hair
- Eliminate blemishes, cuts, most scars, and some birthmarks
- Eliminate or reduce razor burn
- Clean up and brighten yellow teeth and red eyes
- Minimize the effect of double-chins
- Straighten ties, smoothen shirts & jackets when possible
- Remove any dandruff and lint from clothing
- Darken edges of photo slightly to draw the eye into the image
- correct and optimize color, brightness & contrast
My retouching is subtle but thorough, and the cumulative effect produces business portraits that are definitely you, now, and looking fabulous.
If that’s not enough, though, I am happy to take it further on request. Just say the word, and I’ll straighten your nose, add some hair, take off some weight…whatever you want. I don’t recommend venturing into complete fiction, but I want you to be absolutely delighted with your business portrait, and using it to promote yourself and your business.